17th Century and later restored and tower built 1964, J Steel
Maitland, architect. Mansion occupying east and south sides
of Abbey Cloister: rubble with ashlar dressings. N E block
T-plan 4 storey with attic: W gabled wall 2-bay with small
paned sash windows each floor and small attic windows. E wall
has 1 window each floor. N wall abuts on to St Mirren's
Chapel. S wall has no windows to ground floor and 3rd floor
windows raised through eaves and have dormer heads. Short
arm projects with forestair to 1st floor. Slate roof with
crowstepped skews and skewputts with end stacks.
Large S addition 1675: L-plan, 2-storey with attic. Similarly
detailed to N E block. West gable has straight skew to south
and 1 step to north skew. From west end wall project two
square towers that to north corner raised 1961-2 with
blocked segmentally-arched door at ground. Pyramidal slate
roof. S tower 2-storey and continues roof of main block with
piend at corner and straight skew to north wall.
Interior has some panelled rooms and fireplaces to 1st and 2nd
Fine late 17th century ceiling to S E room on 2nd floor.