16th century rectangular-plan tower house converted for
inclusion in later 19th century mansion, latter demolished
circa 1950, tower remains a roofless shell. 4 storeys.
Roughly-squared and coursed large rubble blocks with ashlar
dressings. Original gun ports to elevations at low level
and splayed base course, 19th century basement windows now
blocked; raggles and joist holes at E and slappings to
communicate with mansion. Original doorway towards E end of S
wall is segmental-arched and has unusual leaf ornament set in
architrave moulding (19th century door and iron gate); panel
above and principal window openings have dog-tooth ornament
separating double roll-moulding. Corbelled bartizans linked
by chequer-corbelled parapets, these with rebuilt
Wheel stair within SE angle; E wall is unusually thick.
Castellated red ashlar low terrace and enclosure walls to 3
sides of tower, and garden steps to E.