Opened 1849. 2 platform through station with main offices on the down side. Offices are Jacobean, L plan with wing to west. North front: main block, two storey, 3 bay, right-hand bay advanced with canted bay with Jacobean cresting rising through 1st and 2nd floors and curvilinear gable over, other windows two or three lights, mullioned and transomed, 2-bay porch in re-entrant with chamfered piers and pierced parapet, similar parapet at wallhead, curvilinear gable to East. Stairs to Down platform against West gable, lower flight has parapet to west, upper flight continues through arch in west wing, which is two bay, two storey and lower than main block. 1st floor has pair of projecting 2-light
mullioned, and transomed windows carried up to curvilinear wall-head gablets. Further to west is a screen-wall with crested parapet which retains the embankment and masks the platform awnings. North front and Screen wall-coursed squared rubble with ashlar dressings, sides and rear are rendered, slated roof. Octagonal stacks rebuilt, brick rectangular
and without copes. The platform awnings are wooden, sloping at an angle towards the track and supported on cast-iron columns with lotus capitals and curved wooden brackets carrying the overhang, 14 bays in length on each platform, and now mutilated cupolas at the centre bays. On the Up side is a cast-iron framed wooden good's shed, single-storey, with broad, piended slated roof and common wall with up-platform awning.