Style of Frank Carruthers of Dumfries and Lockerbie.
Dated 1901. Episcopal church in Arts and Crafts manner, low
nave with shallow battered tower on W gable with
Westmoreland slate, broached spire, tall chancel with canted
end and gabled side aisles. Built mainly of stugged and
snecked red ashlar (bull-faced W elevation) with polished
dressings; pointed lights, single, paired or grouped. Glazed
timber and stone porch at W end of S wall; red-tiled roofs.
Good interior with leaded glass windows (eg Rammerscales
memorial by Wm Morris and Co, after 1923), traceried timber
rood screen, (re-used) elaborate reredos after 1924; main
roof timbers on stone corbels. Interior walls also stugged
red ashlar. Ashlar-built boundary wall to street (W) simple
gatepiers, decorative wrought-iron gates and overthrow with
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical building in use as such. Memorial stone laid
September 21st, 1901; dedicated April 18th, 1903 and
consecrated November 1st, 1909.