Circa 1600, incorporating parts of an earlier building and with 18th century and later alterations and additions; restored and flatted by William A Cadell, Architects, 1990. 2-storey and attic, asymmetrical, L-plan laird's house with turnpike stair to wing and tall single storey wing to E. Sandstone rubble. Single windows most with relieving arches, crowstepped gables to E and S elevation.
N (STREET) ELEVATION: asymmetrical, 4 windows at ground including smaller window off-centre left; 5 windows to 1st floor; 3 swept dormerheaded windows above.
W (SIDE) ELEVATION: gabled return with 2 windows at 1st floor, window to attic.
S (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: asymmetrical with 3-storey wing projecting to right; door to right, window above at 1st and 2nd floors, window at ground to left.
WING: (ENTRANCE ELEVATION): advanced squared stair turret in re-entrant angle corbelled with squinch at 1st floor, blocked windows below ground. Door to right with blocked narrow window above, windows to ground and 1st floor to right with roll-moulded architraves, small window above to attic.
S ELEVATION: gabled return with window at 1st and 2nd floors to left.
Single storey wing to right with red pantiled roof and slate easing course, 2 irregular windows to S elevation; door to N elevation.
E ELEVATION: window at 1st and 2nd floors, small window to attic to left.
E (SIDE) ELEVATION: gabled return with window at ground and 2nd floors.
12-pane and plate glass sash and case windows. Grey slate roof. Sandstone stacks to gables, moulded cans.
INTERIOR: chimneypieces with bolection moulding to 1st floor rooms of main block.
RETAINING WALLS: coped rubble wall with light wrought-iron railings and gateway to W.