1865. 3-storey and attic, 3-bay symmetrical house (now offices) of rectangular plan. Stugged ashlar principal elevation, harl-pointed random rubble side and rear elevations with droved and stugged ashlar dressings. Base course and eaves cornice. Chamfered arrises to openings at principal front, margined openings to side and rear elevations.
N (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: 6-panel timber entrance door, with plate glass fanlight, centred at ground; round-arched window at floor above, tripartite windows in outer bays at ground and 1st floor, bipartite windows in outer bays at 2nd floor.
W GABLE: narrow windows; rubble infilled centred at ground with window adjacent to right, windows flanking centre at 1st floor, small window centred at 2nd floor.
S (REAR) ELEVATION: irregularly fenestrated, with round-arched stair window at upper level to left of centre.
Timber sash and case windows, predominantly 6-pane, 3-pane sidelights to tripartites, 4 and 12-pane to rear elevation. 22-pane border-glazed fixed lights to round-arched windows. Purple-grey slate roof with profiled cast-iron gutter, piend-roofed, slate-hung timber dormers, 6-pane timber windows with top-hung sashes. Stugged ashlar 8-flue apex stacks, coped with octagonal cans, ashlar skew copes and skewputts.
RETAINING WALL AND STEPS: concrete coped rubble retaining wall to N, stone steps flanking elevation.
BOUNDARY WALLS: rubble wall surmounted by ashlar cope and iron railing to Commercial Street, flanking gateways comprising stugged ashlar piers with bases and pyramidal caps. Random rubble ashlar-coped wall to S with gate at S end, stugged and droved square gatepiers with pyramidal caps, cast-iron gate with fleur-de-lys finials.