Under construction 1741.
Classical symmetrical villa, 2 storeys offset over
ground-level basement, gutted by fire circa 1984, partially
roofless 1986. Advanced central 5-bay block flanked by
recessed single bay. Both flanks have full-height 3-window
S elevation: harled with rusticated quoins. Wide flight of
steps oversails basement to tripartite doorpiece. 4 fluted
Ionic pilasters support overall segmental pediment.
Architraved doorway with keystoned semi-circular fanlight is
flanked by sidelights with occulus to upper part. Cast-iron
baluster to steps with finely incised and decorative end
piers. All windows architraved; those to ground and 1st of
central block bracketted and lugged. Sash windows, 12-pane
Rear elevation: painted rubble, similarly designed to S front
but with Roman-Doric pilastered door to basement; coat of
arms over cornice. All windows in plain architraves.
Flanks with full-height projecting bow to centre with 3
windows. To ground floor these are arranged as venetian
window with linking lintel band.
Piended slate roofs; tall corniced axial stacks with
Interior: stair in W bow. Interior fittings seriously damaged