William McAndlish, architect, 1832. T-plan buttressed
neo-Gothic church with 3-stage tower to S front. Rubble
walling with contrasting polished sandstone buttresses and
5-bay S front with central tower flanked by lancets. All
windows pointed arched with hoodmoulds, timber Y-tracery and
small-pane glazing. N transept with large moulded
pointed-arch opening (now with timber and glass infil)
forming porch. Buttresses rise to pinnacles at angles.
Moulded eaves cornice, slate roofs, stepped sandstone skews,
pinnacles at gable apexes. 3-stage buttressed tower with
moulded string-course between stages. Door to ground with
quatrefoil moulded panel above; lancet windows to 1st stage,
louvred openings to 3rd. Embattled parapet with pinnacles at
INTERIOR: panel-fronted gallery to 3 sides supported on
cast-iron columns. Elaborate pulpit with ogee "dome" as
tester. Communion table dated 1923.
Walled graveyard with some 18th century stone.