William Lawrie (at Inverness Office of James Matthews), 1863.
Italiante, ashlar 3 storeys with 3 storeys and attic centre
19-bay front with shopfronts (original at Nos 1 and 5) at
ground floor. 5-bay centre, with round-arched bipartites
at 1st floor, pilastered bipartites at 2nd floor, centre bay
with channelled strip pilasters and surmounted by segmental
pedimented gablet; 4 dormers; balustrade, French pavilion
roof. Outer wings each 7 bays, with centre arched door and
shops at ground floor, tripartite window at channelled strip
pilastered centre bay at 1st and 2nd floors; windows
architraved and with balustered aprons at 1st floor, canted
north-east corner surmounted by finials and urns. 2-bay front
to Academy Street. Bracketted cornice.