Circa 1845, Renaissance. Ashlar, channelled ground floor,
3 storeys and attic. 4-bay front to Eastgate, 1st floor
windows architraved with consoled pediments and aprons,
2nd floor windows architraved. Bowed south-west corner with
1st floor window architraved with consoled segmental
pediment, 2nd floor window architraved. 3-bay front to
Inglis Street, right-hand 2 windows advanced with
architraves, consoled pediments and aprons at 1st floor,
other windows architraved. Ground floor altered for bank,
Matthews & Lawrie, 1877, 4 windows between channelled strip
pilasters to Eastgate, wide segmental arched doorpiece
with attached columns and coat of arms carved in tympanum.
Cornice and parapet, raised between scrolls at centre of
Eastgate front, raised as chimney stack at Inglis Street
front. Piended dormers.