Core perhaps Joseph Mitchell, circa 1855; major alterations, Matthews and Lawrie, 1858-59. Italianate, ashlar, 3 storeys;
north-west front, 7 bays with 4th and 5th slightly advanced;
channelled angle strip pilasters; windows architraved and
corniced at ground and 1st floors, tripartite 4th and 5th
windows at ground floor; at north, 4-storey tower,
round-arched and key-blocked pilastered windows; bracketted
cornice and pediment, balustrade and French pavilion roof;
diagonally placed Roman Doric portico (Alexander Ross 1898).
South west front 3 storeys with 4-storey tower at south east;
recessed centre with central tripartite bay at ground floor.
To south-east screen arch to Falcon Square with bracketted
cornice and balustrade. Bracketted main cornice. Quite lavish
interior, notably at hall and staircase.