c.1800-1805. Robert Mylne. Georgian. Oblong. Designed
to house separate Gaelic and English-speaking
congregations under one roof but divided by solid
Harled; dressed face-work; gabled slate roof. 2
segmental-headed windows on each side.
Pedimented facade at each end: 3 Palladian windows
above; Classical doorway with half-columns and
entablature, flanked by black segmental-headed windows;
slender column and half-column at each corner.
Bell on S. facade re-cast 1728 by Robert Maxwell,
Edinburgh; presented by Archibald Campbell of
Stonefield.: Clock on N. facade. Formerly had central
steeple (removed 1941).
INTERIOR OF GLENARAY CHURCH: Converted into Church Hall
INTERIOR OF INVERARAY CHURCH: Gallery on 3 sides. Re-
furnished 1898; notable pulpit, canopy, pews and font by
local craftsmen. Re-decorated 1952-3.
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical and in use as such. Built at expense of
5th Duke of Argyll who closely supervised the work.
From 1650 until their union in 1930 there were 2 changes
in Parish. Glenaray (Gaelic-speaking) and Inveraray