There are no additional online documents for this record.
- Category: A
- Date Added: 15/12/1970
- Date Removed: 27/04/2016
- Local Authority: Glasgow
- Planning Authority: Glasgow
- Burgh: Glasgow
National Grid Reference
- NGR: NS 59732 64910
- Coordinates: 259732, 664910
The building has been demolished.
Robert Turnbull (Thomson and Turnbull) 1876 warehouse, one of a pair (the other fronts Bell Street). Framed construction, giant order linking 1st and 2nd floors, attic storey above deep entablture; ground floor shop front altered by the infilling of glazing. Original cantral pilasters frame entrance. Painted ashlar; T-shaped glazing at 2nd floor, plate glass sashes at 1st and attic; roof concealed from street, formerly mansard platformed.
Rear brick built.
Interior: timber floors on cast-iron beams and joists.
Statement of Special Interest
Although built after the death of Alexander Thomson in 1874, the arrangement of the pilasters and the incised decoration is borrowed from his work at Dunlop Street (demolished) and Egyptian Halls.
Up-graded B to A 14 September 1995.
GREEK THOMSON, Ed G Stamp and S McKinstry (1994) pp 146-150.;
SRO RHP 14756.