John A Campbell 1908-9. Classical/Early Modern. 7 and
8-storey, 7-bay Portland stone commercial building.
Canted 1st, 4th and 7th bays rising to 6 storeys at
centre, 8 to outer bays.
CENTRAL BAY: central columned entry to No 90 with
balustraded parapet above, elaborately architraved 1st
floor; sculpture group at window head of 2nd; 6th floor
giant open segmentally pedimented stylised aedicule
rising to 7th floor, enclosing 2 recessed, window (6th with
carved heads) block panel above in stepped, parapet
OUTER BAYS: simply detailed, panelled aprons with
sculpted drops at 7th floor; corniced.
LINKING BAYS: dropped lintel blocks to 1st floor deeply
recessed windows, apron panels; console corniced 2nd
floor windows with elaborate architraves; deep consoled
cornice balustraded parapet.
Wrought-iron gates at Nos 86 and 90. Canted bays to
rear elevation of white glazed brick green at ground
level. Henry Hope glazed steel casements.