Boucher and Cousland, 1858; corner and other alterations
Sir J J Burnet (Burnet Son and Campbell), 1896-8 and
1900-2. 4-storey and attic classical warehouse with shops,
5 x 6 bays with 3-bay, bowed corner section inserted.
Painted ashlar, channelled quoins on flanking corner piers.
FLAT OUTER SECTIONS: keyblocked Italianate arched glazed
pilastrade at each floor. Ionic 1st, Corinthian 2nd,
coupled at western end, mutule cornice between floors;
bracketted eaves mutule cornice; 3rd floor balustraded
balcony; recessed glazing separated by deep panelled
piers; plain entablature; steep mansard, raised at NE
corner with cast-iron balustrade.
CORNER SECTION: channelled angle pilasters rising into
attic to suppoort sculpture 1st floor balcony; central
aedicule with open segmental head and sculpted tympanum
1st floor; mutule cornice; giant order of 2 Corinthian
columns rising through 1st and 2nd storeys; 3 pedimented,
lugged architraved attic lights separated by sculpted
figures; cornice with semi-circular drops; cupola; columned
NORTHMOST OUTER BAY TO RENFIELD STREET: flanking channelled
piers and attic light as corner section.
Interior: columned ground floor. Carved timber imperial
staircase to all floors.