William Stark, 1807. Classical, polished ashlar,
rectangular plan church with eastern main entrance and
3-bay eastern vestibule section facing Buchanan Street
with 4, giant, semi-engaged Doric columns; continuous
plinth. Central consoled, corniced entrance with similar
flanking windows; keyblocked lunette above entrance,
rectangular stairlights flanking; eaves cornice;
balustraded parapet in outer bays. Single bay N and S
returns with altered consoled, corniced entrances with
fanlights and recessed, arched keyblocked window above.
Droved ashlar, side elevations, slightly recessed with
basement and margin-glazed windows to ground and gallery
3-STAGE STEEPLE: 1st stage balustraded parapet, giant
square angle pilasters columns; arched belfrey openings
with louvres, plain entablature. 2nd stage balustraded
parapet, 4 octagonal angle piers surmounted by obelisks
flanking slender upper stage with arched louvred belfry
openings, plain entablature. 3rd stage scrolled angle
supports, clock, to each face, circular dwarf Doric
colonnade surmounted by obelisk.
REAR ELEVATION: 4 bays, blind outer bays; simple, gable
pediment with stack; 2 tall, narrow, round-headed
windows; low wing projecting from central bays.
INTERIOR: Galleried with slim cast-iron columns, flat
ceiling with shallow, transverse barrel vault under
gallery; circular marble pulpit.