Circa 1823, remodelled James Miller 1923-26. 3-storey
and basement terrace block converted to club premises.
Low mansard at pavilions. 22 bays arranged 5-3-3-3-3-5,
end sections raised and breaking forward with original
distyle Ionic porticos at head of stairs oversailing
basement now with windows inserted). Central portico with
coupled Ionic columns and balustraded parapet (James
Miller). Ashlar, channelled with voussoirs above openings
at ground floor. Basement band course; 1st floor cill
band. All original windows sash and case with 12-pane
glazing; architraved at 1st and 2nd floor; corniced at
1st floor with moulded cills and apron panels, consoled at
end sections. Eaves cornice, blocking course. Axial
stacks; corniced and panelled wallhead stacks at returns.
Slate roof. Cast-iron railings.
RETURN TO WEST REGENT STREET: 5 bays; blind at 1st and
2nd floors in 1st bay from W. Basement rising in slope
from W. Repeats main elevation detailing.
RETURN TO WEST GEORGE STREET: 5 bays, 1st bay from W blind
at 2nd floor.
ELEVATION TO REAR: 2 storeys facing termination of West
Regent Lane with 2 1st floor leaded lights.
REMODELLED INTERIOR: 6-bay hall with coupled Ionic columns;
plasterwork. Dining-room with square piers. Lounge on 1st
floor with Ionic screens, white marble chimney pieces.