T L Watson, 1883. Greek revival. 2-storey church with
attached single storey hall and lower 3-storey caretaker's
house. Polished ashlar, snecked rubble rear and return
elevations. Casement windows with glazing bars.
CHURCH: 5 x 7 unequal bays. Main elevation arranged
1-3-1, central part breaking forward with 3 tall
architraved, corniced entrances with panelled doors.
Attached Ionic pedimented portico in antis above with
recessed glazing. Graduated plinth. Ground floor
cornice. Narrow, architraved corniced windows in ground
and 1st floors.
ELEVATION TO CRANWORTH STREET: bays arranged 1-5-1;
corniced, architraved entrance at No 30 with 2 narrow
windows above. Coupled 1st floor pilastrade in central
bays, corniced recessed windows with pilaster
architraves. 1st floor cill course continued from main
elevation. Plain eaves entablature with cornice. Parapet.
HALL: in addition to W. Architraved, corniced entrance,
pilastered and pedimented tripartite bay.
CARETAKER'S HOUSE: single bay breaking forward,
pedimented. Sash and case windows, with pilaster
mullions and architraves at ground floor. Die walls to
entrance with cast-iron lamp standards.
CHURCH INTERIOR: columned gallery with panelled front.
Pilastered upper walls, apsidal (liturgical) E end with
pedimented aedicule framing organ case.
Compartmented, coffered ceiling. Anta pilastered hall with
compartmented ceiling and circular roof lights.