1876-1877. Former tannery and leather warehouse building
in Italiante style, built for John Inglis and Co.
Rectangular symmetrical 5-storey and basement building
with 5-bay elevations to St Andrews Square and Turnbull
Street, 9-bay rear elevation. Polished ashlar, painted
to ground, red and white brick rear.
ST ANDREWS SQUARE ELEVATION: Main entrance to right,
pilastered elaborately consoled hood-cornice with balcony
over, doorway round-arched with decorative keystone and
fanlight. To left, depressed arch pend entrance with
bull's head keystone. Shopfront with slender pilastrade
interspersed with thicker pilasters.
Above ground all windows bipartite, to 1st stilted arched
with continuous archivolt and pilaster mullions.
Shouldered to 2nd within architraves. Plain architraved
bipartites to 3rd. All sash and case windows with plate-
Dentil cornice over ground, cill band to 1st and 2nd,
eaves band, bracketted cornice, deep plain parapet with
intermediate die piers. At angles, raised piers with
TURNBULL STREET ELEVATION: details as main elevation,
shop front to ground.
REAR ELEVATION; 9-bay with single light windows, mostly
4-pane sashes. To centre bay, larger openings, now
bricked-up, formerly hoist doors.