George Goldie, 1841 and 1877. Italianate Gothic Roman
Catholic church. Rectangular plan. Cream sandstone,
squared and snecked with ashlar base, band and string
courses, and dressings. Pointed openings.
S ELEVATION: gabled entrance bay at centre with
tripartite narthex supported on red granite columns
with foliate capitals; gabled finialled hoodmoulds
carved above. Off-set upper gable with architraved
pointed arch recessed panel; 2 cusped 2-light windows
inset, with quatrefoils, blind roundels and rose window
in apex; trefoil oculus at apex of gable and cross
finial. Angle buttress to right, flanked by tall single
storey bay with hoodmoulded pointed arch panel, filled
with cusped 2-light and decoratively carved roundel,
polygonal spirelet at SE angle, with lancets to each
face and stone spire, with carved fish-scale bands.
TOWER: squat, incomplete square tower flanking entrance
gable to W; angle buttresses and lancets below stone
bracketted shallow piend roof.
Pointed arch clerestory windows with cusped 2-light
windows and circular oculi above to side elevations.
Square lead-pane glazing. Grey slates.
INTERIOR: aisled nave with apse.