1630-36. 4-stage square section tower, standing
independent of the John Adam replacement to it's
original church (see Tron Kirk). Tower pierced at ground
by Tudor arches opened in 1855 by John Carrick,
architect. Tall stone facetted spire.
Harled walling with painted moulded architraves.
Ground floor, originally the position of the Tron,
altered with Tudor arches opened to allow passage of
pavement underneath. Groin vaulted ceiling with mask-
stops and central boss. All, but S elevation, with cusp-
headed windows to 2nd stage, cusped bipartites to 3rd
and clockfaces to 4th. To S lower 2 stages blind, single
window to 4th. Moulded string courses divide each floor,
moulded eaves corbels, shallow projecting painted ashlar
silhouette balustraded parapet with pinnacles to angles.
From this rises tall octagonal spire in stone with
vertical line of roll moulding to angles. Bipartite
traceried lucarnes to lower part, single light cusped
above, projecting crown balustrde to midway stage, small
lucarnes above, small pinnacles on upper corona encircle
top of spire.