Charles Wilson, 1850-51. Italian Renaissance palazzo style, 3-storey and basement commercial building, linked by 3 modern bays to Archibald Elliot's 1827 neo-Greek, 2-storey and basement building, opening on Royal Exchange Square and listed separately. 3-storey with 7 bays to Buchanan Street, 6 similarly detailed bays to return sides. Yellow ashlar sandstone. Modern stone-faced ground floor with billetted cornice.
Architraved windows with ornately consoled cornices to 1st and 2nd floor; variety of swagged masques to friezes above 1st floor windows, and swagged wreaths to those of 2nd floor, cavetto jambs, detailed with paterae at mid-point. Continuous band courses at level of window
cornices of 1st and 2nd floors, cill course to 2nd floor.
Guilloched paterae in main frieze, dentil moulding above and modillioned cornice; moulded coping to ashlar parapet, with dies at regular intervals.
3 recessed, modern ashlar, 2-storey and basement bays to E, in South Exchange Place and Royal Bank Place, linking with Elliott's earlier building.