Charles Wilson, architect, 1845. Classical terrace of 3-bay houses; 40 bays arranged 5-12-6-12-5. 2 storeys, attics and basement with shallow advanced 3-storey 6/5-bay central and terminal pavilions. Polished ashlar, all stonecleaned. Channelled at ground; rusticated with bold keystone at window margins.
Steps oversailing basement to Roman Doric pilastered doorpieces with mutule cornice and entablature of metopes, tryglyphs and guttae. Door with pilastered jambs supporting heavy corniced lintel; narrow fanlight above; glazed sidelights. Ground floor windows with roll-moulded
architraves, curved at top corners. All upper windows architraved, at 1st floor with ornate consoles and cornice (incised frieze at pavilions). Sash windows mainly 4-pane glazing. Band/string course at ground floor cills and at 1st floor. All 1st floor windows have individual ashlar balconies with ashlar balustrade rests on stone corbels. Band-course at eaves, bracketted cornice. At pavilions: string course at 2nd floor cills. Eaves course of incised panel pattern; bracketted cornice. Tall axial and wallhead (at flanks)
stacks, all corniced. Slate roofs. Good cast-iron railings to basement and steps with ashlar gatepiers and die pedestals.
Flanks: recessed 3-bay flanks; Roman Doric pilastered enclosed porch projects from re-entrant angle; full Doric entablature; mutule cornice and pierced parapet above. Door with pilastered reveals and fanlight. 3-bay flanks detailed as main facade except at glazed bay of No 14: advanced square near full-height bay, channelled to mid 1st floor. Consoled and corniced window with bracketted cill; tripartite window
above with string cills; plain parapet. Droved ashlar rear elevation; multi-pane glazing in lying-pane pattern. No 13 has rendered brick single storey addition to rear with steep pitched roof and small leaded
Nos 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Kirklee Terrace Lane; 3 ranges of mews cottages; stugged ashlar mostly painted or stonecleaned. Many altered with carriage entrances now windows.