James Taylor Thomson, 1929-31. Modern Gothic symmetrical
cruciform church; snecked rubble with polished margins.
5-bay aisles with single storey entrance porches to N
and S with steps to simple pointed arch moulded doorways,
double-leaf oak doors. 5 tall paired traceried clerestory
windows with opaque leaded panes. Buttresses between
windows. Transept windows cusp traceried with hood mould
and square label stop.
3-light traceried W and E windows with flanking buttresses.
Chancel with deep parapet and modernist detail at angles,
blank niche to S wall.
Tall central fleche, plain parapet, slate roof.
INTERIOR: polished sandstone with roll-moulded vestibule
door giving access to nave, separated from narrow aisles
by depressed arch arcade, single leaded lights by Gordon
Webster, 1967-70. 3-light E window by Douglas Strachan.
Ribbed ceiling with groined crossing. Organ loft in S
transept. Good hanging brass lamps and fixed wall-light
fittings. Carved oak communion table, reredos and choir
stalls. Extensive halls to NE and church officer's cottage
to N roughcast exterior.