George Smith, architect. Nos 1-11, 1835; Nos 12-21,
1842. Symmetrical pair of classical terraces in 2
detached ranges. 3 storeys, attics and basement; 3 bays
to each house; shallow advanced 6-bay terminal
pavilions. Polished ashlar, painted or stonecleaned.
Steps oversailing basement to Greek Doric porches:
paired at pavilions will full entablature and carved
metopes; balustrade over. Tripartite doors with
pilaster jambs, sidelights and fanlight. All windows
architraved; aproned at ground; corniced at 1st floor;
console corniced at 1st floor pavilions. Sash windows,
plate-glass or 4 pane glazing. Cornice over ground
floor linking porches. Eaves course; cornice;
blocking course. Mutule cornice and balustrade at
pavilions. Axial stacks; octagonal flues at gables and
below roof apex. Cast-iron railings to basement area and
some steps. Pavilion interiors: coffered plaster
ceilings to ground floor main rooms. 4-bay flanks to
Lynedoch Terrace; 5-bay flank to Claremont Terrace
similarly detailed. Rear elevation; several full-height
projecting square bays.
No 16 and 17 paired porches. No 11 flank to Lynedoch
Terrace with small ground-floor canted window
alteration. Original window with decorative cast-iron
basket grille. No 20 rendered billiard room addition,
with cupola. Modern 2-storey brick addition to East end.
Woodside Terrace Lane: mews range, single-storey with
loft. 3 segmentally arched entrances to coach-houses
survive. Upper floors mostly converted to dwellings.