P M Barnett, Engineer-in-Chief, Great North of Scotland
Railway, 1898. Scottish Baronial, 2 storeys and attic
asymmetrical 12 bays. Stugged ashlar; battered
bullfaced basecourse. 4 centre bays with entrance
booking hall and glazed canopy over ground floor,
crenellated parapet and gabled windows, all flanked by
advanced gabled bays, 2 mullioned, segmental ground
floor windows with hoodmoulds, canted oriels in 1st floor
one small hoodmoulded gable window. Single bay and
corner drum tower at NW incorporating entrance to
Station Master's dwelling, with fish-scaled slated conical
roof with weathervane. Additional bays to left.
All gables crowstepped. Corniced ridge and end stacks;
INTERIOR: panelled double doors to main booking hall
which is lit by domed top light, original pine panelling;
pediments to all doors; booking office; Art Nouveau
stained glass; enriched plaster ribs to coved ceiling.
Glazed cast-iron canopy to platform.