Robert Mylne, 1685-6, remodelled probably early 19th century; surrounding public house added 1882. Crenellated (1820s ornamentation), circular tower of 5 off-set stages built as windmill with single storey flat-roofed public house at ground. Cream sandstone, coursed rubble with polished and droved ashlar dressings, pub front painted. String courses at 1st, 2nd and above 3rd floor; blind quatrefoils to 4th floor; corbelled and crenellated parapet.
W (SHORE) ELEVATION: pub front with deep-set basket-arched stop-chamfered openings with fielded aprons, channelled jambs and continuous cornice; doorway flanked by single opening to right,
2 openings to left. Opening to chamfered corner to outer left. Single window per stage in alignment in tower above; small single windows flanking to right at 1st and 2nd floor.
S ELEVATION: abutted by later 4-storey tenement (Nos 3 and 4 Shore, listed separately).
NE (TOWER STREET) ELEVATION: doorway at ground floor with 2 openings flanking to right, single opening to left. Single window per stage in alignment in tower above.
E (REAR) ELEVATION: single window at 4th floor. Foundry building abutting below (listed separately).
18- and 24-pane timber sash and case windows to tower; replacement windows to pub front.
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.