Later 18th century. 2-storey, 3-bay symmetrical villa with classical details, semi-circular bowed addition to rear (circa 1820) and single storey addition to right. Grey sandstone, coursed rubble with polished ashlar dressings to front. Ashlar quoin strips; dentilled eaves cornice with blocking course.
S (FRONT) ELEVATION: deep-set doorway at centre, Doric columned doorpiece with fluted paterae frieze and cornice; single window at 1st floor above. Outer bays with single windows to ground and 1st floor. Harled screen wall to 1st floor level to outer right with tall round-arched opening with 2 semi-circular fanlights (mostly of later 20th century date) and with lower flat-roofed addition behind.
N (REAR) ELEVATION: large 2-storey projecting bowed addition (circa 1820) at centre with conical roof and 3 windows to ground and 1st floor, wallhead stack on W flank.
E ELEVATION: gabled with apex stack; single windows to left bay and to gablehead.
W ELEVATION: gabled with apex stack; single windows to centre bay, at 1st floor with iron window guard.
Timber sash and case windows, mostly plate glass glazing, 12-pane windows to rear. Slate roof with metal ridge; 2 apex stack (see above), 1 wallhead stack (see above), new cans; velux rooflights.
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.
BOUNDARY WALL, GATES AND RAILINGS: low boundary wall to front with saddleback coping, 2 square coped gatepiers, swept 2-leaf iron gates.