James Simpson, 1871. 3-storey 2-bay Italianate bank building. Cream sandstone, polished ashlar front, ashlar to ground floor of NW elevation, squared and snecked stugged rubble above. Base course; dentilled cornice above ground floor; moulded cill course at 2nd floor; deeply corbelled and dentilled eaves cornice; architraved windows; bracketted cills at 2nd floor; round-arched openings at ground floor.
SW (BERNARD STREET) ELEVATION: doorway to left with polished red granite Ionic columns to porch supporting entablature; doorway with masque-carved head keystone and polished red granite Corinthian nook-shafts, panelled door and semi-circular plate glass fanlight; single window at 1st floor with consoled dentilled pediment; single window at 2nd floor. 2-storey canted window divided by pilasters to right bay, panelled aprons at 1st floor, dentilled cornice; bipartite window at 2nd floor.
NW (TIMBERBUSH) ELEVATION: 6-bay; slightly angled bay to outer right detailed as front elevation with single windows, at 1st floor with consoled dentilled pediment; wallhead stack. Consoled and corniced doorway to left of centre, 2-leaf panelled door and barred semi- circular fanlight; small secondary door flanking to left. Single windows to remaining bays. Canted tripartite dormer.
SE ELEVATION: irregular single windows; barred round-arched windows.
Timber sash and case windows, mostly plate glass glazing, some 4-pane windows to side. Half-piend slate roof with metal flashings. 1 wallhead stack (see above), 1 transverse and apex stack to rear. Moulded eaves gutter and gutterheads.
INTERIOR: compartmental ceiling with heavy dentilled cornices to main telling hall.