Circa 1800, No 24 heightened 1879; No 26 James Simpson, 1880. 3-storey and attic 10-bay tenement with twin-bows and rear addition. Grey sandstone, tooled ashlar with polished dressings to front, coursed and squared rubble to sides, pink coursed rubble to rear. Base course; cill band course at 1st floor; eaves cornice; architraved and corniced doorways with panelled doors and rectangular plate glass fanlights.
SW (FRONT) ELEVATION: bowed projections of 3 bays with single windows to outer left and right, to right with half-conical roof. 2 doorways to left of centre (to right inserted 1880), single windows above. Bay to left of centre with single windows. Next bay with doorway at ground floor; single windows above. No 24 raised to 4-storey, single windows at 3rd floor.
NE (REAR) ELEVATION: single windows; No 22 with circular stairwell with catslide roof and doorway on flank; rectangular dormer with piended roof. No 24 raised to 4-storey; lower 2-storey flat-roofed link with addition to rear (No 26, James Simpson, 1880).
NW ELEVATION: gabled with apex stack; single windows to centre bay.
SE ELEVATION: gabled with apex stack; single windows at ground floor and to centre bay.
NO 26: James Simpson, 1880. 2-storey 3-bay outbuilding with segmental-arched pend and bipartite windows.
Timber sash and case windows with plate glass glazing, replacement window to rear dormer. Slate roof with metal flashings; velux rooflights to No 22; No 24 flat-roofed; 2 apex stacks (see above), mutual stack.
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.