T P Marwick, circa 1900, built as National Bank of Scotland
2-storey, 3-bay asymmetrical bank. Squared and snecked cream
sandstone with red ashlar dressings; stone mullions and
transoms. Rubble sides and rear. Occasional relieving
arch, shaped gables.
S ELEVATION: door to centre; columned porch with mannered
parapet. 4-light window to left. Advanced 2-storey bay to
right with projecting rectangular tripartite window at
ground; mannered blocking course. Windows to each bay at
1st floor; bipartite at centre, tripartite to left,
bipartite with stone mullion and transom to right bay.
W ELEVATION: bipartite at centre ground floor, window
with stone transom to left. Advanced 2-storey bay to right;
canted bay windows at ground and 1st floor, mannered
blocking course. 1st floor window to outer left breaking
eaves in curvilinear gabled dormerhead with finial.
E ELEVATION: advanced 2-storey central bay with
mannered parapet and transomed stair window; small
window at ground. Flanking bay to right has window to
each floor; 1st floor window breaking eaves in
dormerhead as above. Single storey service wing
projecting to N at rear. Sash and case windows; 6-pane
glazing to upper case, 2-panes to lower case.
Shaped gables to advanced bays with mannered ashlar
coped skews and scroll skewputts.
Grey slates to M-roof with terracotta ridge tiles.
Corniced stone stacks. Decorative gutter fixtures.
Low ashlar coped sandstone retaining wall, piers and
gatepiers. Railings removed. Pedestrian gateway to rear
with corniced overthrow.