Probably 1730/1750. Baroque town house. 2 storeys with
basement, 5 bays, the inner 3 advanced and pedimented. All
painted; ashlar, with rusticated quoins, windows (now plate
glass sashes) in lugged and key-stoned architraves and with
bracketted cills; Corinthian-columned and pedimented
doorpiece with swags and mask, panelled door with decorative
fanlight. Basement opening on slope of ground at right.
Dentilled cornice; urn-finialled low parapet; oculus in
tympanum; paired end stacks (damaged, right). Slate roof.
Interior: front 1st floor rooms now united, but with extensive
original timber panelling and good plaster ceiling cornices;
original timber chimney piece in room nearest N; opposite
chimney piece 19th century; pilastered and arched hall screens
early 19th century; timber stair; panelled doors in