Probably Robert Burn. Built between 1806 (date of
at 1st floor cill level; cornice; blocking course; 2 canted
lay-out) and 1819 (date of Wood's map). Terrace, 2
storeys with attics and cast-iron-railed basements.
Fainted droved ashlar with pilastered doorpieces,
round-arched doorways, and recessed panelled doors with
fanlights (original decorative fanlights at Nos 16 and
22). Houses each 3 bays with door left, except No 24
(5 bays with door central; aproned 1st floor windows).
Sash windows throughout, few retaining original 12-pane
glazing pattern. Band courses between floors; string
dormers; straight skews; end stacks; slate roof.
Some good interior work survives; cornice plasterwork;
chimney pieces; cantilevered stairs with decorative
Iron railings partly replaced; good overthrow at no 24.