1828, feued 1830-1, Nos 1-6 and 24-32 constructed by 1846, layout subsequently modified to exclude Springfield House. Completed by 1851.
Neo-classical cul-de-sac lined with 2-storey terraces stepped up from sea, terminating with semi-detached house at N and short terraces at Perth Road.
Nos 5-14 and 18-27. 2-storey and basement (some basements infilled) 3-bay houses stepped in pairs. Each pair with central tetrastyle Doric portico, wrought and cast-iron balconies over (absent from most), windows in lugged architraves, corniced at ground, with 1st floor cill courses. Main cornice and balustrade. Lower pairs alternately advanced and recessed, later upper pairs on same plane. All but recessed pairs have N ends defined by pilaster strips.
Nos 15 and 16 similarly styled but with full length ground floor colonnade. Modern addition W of No 15.
Nos 17 and 28 similarly styled but single 3-bay houses with portico at left. 1-storey link to No 16.
Elevations to Perth Road: Nos 1-4 and 29-32 each symmetrical 8-bay with 2 bays at ends slightly advanced. Similarly styled with central tetrastyle porticos.
No 1 at an angle to accommodate Perth Road, trabcated porch at side. No 32 with Doric portico, cast-iron balcony and later hemispherical pilastered bow rising through ground and 1st floors. Altered, mullioned, balustrade at No 3.
Corner houses, 2-bay to Perth Road, 3-bay to Springfield, similar style. No 4 has central portico and panelled wallhead stack to Springfield, balustrade recently restored. No 29 has portico at right, wallhead stack partly taken down for later slate mansard roof with consoled dormers.
Sash and case windows, most later 2-pane, some 4 or 12-pane, some modern.
Low piended slate roofs. Ridge stacks. Rubble-built rears.
Some good plastered Ionic interiors survive.