James MacLaren and Sons, dated 1894. Scots Jacobean 2-storey courtyard-plan school. Snecked rubble with ashlar dressings,
symmetrical S front set back from road on elevated site.
3-storey central entrance tower, columned semi-circular
arched doorpiece with rusticated voussoirs, canted oriel
and bipartite with pedimented dormer-head above. Flanking
semi-circular turrets with strapwork decoration at 1st floor
and segmentally pedimented dormer-heads at 2nd floor windows, semi-conical roofs swept into pavilion roof with cast-iron
brattishing flanked by curvilinear gable stacks. Symmetrical
3-bay sections link to advanced outer wings, latter with
curvilinear gables, 2 bay with strapwork heads at 1st.
W elevation symmetrical, 3 windows (centre bipartites) either
side of central 2-window curvilinear gable.
E elevation: asymmetrical 8-bays with off-centre 2 by 2
bay wings with curvilinear gable and commemorative plaque.
Single-storey workshops and boundary at rear. Plain elevation
to courtyard, canopy awnings on simple cast-iron brackets
to 3 sides.
Interior largely altered and partitioned.
Cylindrical gatepiers with conical tops. Single-storey lodge
with canted bay, porch in angle. Low pitched broad eaved
roof with centre stack.
Low boundary walls with wrought-iron railings.