Circa 1846-50, simple classical symmetrical terrace stepped
with fall of ground. Originally 8 houses, 2-storey with
3-storey centre and end pavilions. Basements throughout
24 bay length. Ashlar, channelled at ground to centre and
Nos 7 and 9: centre pair of 3-storey 3-bay houses, central
paired architraved doorpieces altered to windows. 1st
floor architraved and corniced windows, 2nd floor small
square architraved windows. Main cornice. Low piended roof.
Nos 3, 5, 11, 13: paired linking houses slightly set back
2-storey an attic 3-bay houses. Ground floor round arched
windows, aprons with band course, below 2 arched doorways,
one altered to window. 1st floor plain windows with
elaborate cast-iron balconies (Nos 3 and 5 only, and not
over doorways). Main cornice and surviving at Nos 3 and 5
only, balustrade; 4 paired pedimented bipartite dormers.
No 11 later raised by a storey, flat-topped dormers.
No 1: South Pavilion: 3-storey, 3-bay, with 2 bays, one
blind to Perth Road, detailed as central pair but with
continuous elaborate cast-iron balcony to 1st floor and
steep mansard French pavilion roof by C and L Ower for W
L Boase 1881, with oval dormers to Perth Road, pedimented
dormers to Airlie Place. Decorated lead flashings. 1-storey
round-arched addition to E, 1881.
No 15: N pavilion, similar original treatment to S pavilion,
but with plain doorway and canted bay rising through ground
and 1st floor. Plain rubble N gable. Low piended roof.
Slate roof with corniced ridge stacks.
All windows, sash and case with 4-pane glazing pattern
except ground and 1st floor of No 15, later 2-pane. Some
basement windows have lying panes.
Steps with good cast-iron rails survive at the 4 remaining
doorways (4 removed). Low garden wall.