Charles Edward and Thomas Saunders Robertson, 1867; hall by George A Harris, 1901-3. 7-bay, aisled Gothic church with canted apse, entrance gable, N transept and adjoining hall buildings to NE. Stugged and snecked sandstone rubble, cream ashlar dressings, grey slate roof with purple fishscale bands. Base course, continuous cill course intersected by buttresses, eaves course. Lancet windows with chamfered margins, paired to aisles and clerestorey, elongated to apse with tracery to top and ashlar-coped gable dormerheads; ashlar-coped gables, cast-iron rainwater goods, decorative cast-iron ridge cresting with
cross-finial at apse, tall finialled octagonal fleche.
S ELEVATION: entrance gable advanced to left, 2-leaf panelled door with quatrefoil fanlight, doorcase with stiff-leaf capitalled nook shafts and multiple-moulded pointed arch, paired windows above with quatrefoil in pointed-arch panel; pentice-roofed aisle to right with 6 paired windows, 6 paired windows to clerestorey above.
W ELEVATION: 3 tall lancet windows to centre, wheel window above, single window to gable at right, paired windows to aisle at left; small single storey vestry to left with door, 2 windows, gable stack.
E ELEVATION: canted buttressed apse with dormer-headed windows, further dormerheaded window to left and right returns; 2-light pointed-arch window to aisles at left and right.
N ELEVATION: vestry advanced to right, paired windows to aisle and clerestorey at left, partly masked by piend-roofed transept.
INTERIOR: 6-bay nave and aisles on stout clustered piers with stiff-leaf capitals, some with carved fauna. High scissor-braced
timber roof. Fine stencilling to chancel roof. Late 19th century
timber altarpieces, stalls and Gothic parclose screens. Carved stone front. Organ 1867 by Peter Conacher, Huddersfield, refurbished 1937 and 1986.
Pulpit by Lord Roberts Workshop 1952. Original stained glass windows to chancel and Resurrection Chapel (latter 1911). War memorial windows by Mr Russell removed from Blinshall Street. Windows in aisle from St John's, Highbury by Heaton, Butler and Bayne, 1875, and from St Peter's, Oxford. Porch and N aisle, 'The Six Acts of Mercy' from the former Feltham Borstal Chapel, Middlesex, pre-Raphaelite style. W rose window by John Baird, Glasgow, 1979.
HALL: single storey building to right of E elevation, conically-roofed entrance tower with gabled doorpiece, pointed-arch windows with countinuous hoodmould, chamfered angle to right.
BOUNDARY WALL AND RAILINGS: ashlar-coped rubble boundary wall to E and W elevations, original pointed-arch pattern wrought-iron railings to E, modern plain railings to W.