John Honeyman, architect. Dated 1865 on rainwater head.
Former stable block. Gothick. Stugged ashlar coursers with
polished dressings. Principally 2 single storey wings, with
lofts, arranged in L-plan, forming churchyard. Some openings
have shafted jambs with block capitals. Continuous hood-mould
to courtyard elevations, raised over ground floor openings;
west wing asymmetrical with 2 2-centred-arched cart openings
(now altered to windows) flanked by doors and 1 outer window;
diminutive paired lancets above hoodmould. Loft door with
dovecot in arched moulding in gabled dormerhead; corbelled
oriel, supported on shaft, with cusped lights to south gable.
North wing has former door (now a window) flanked by lancets
all recessed in arcaded pointed panels; moulded eaves;
conical-roofed, 2-storey angle tower to right has
square-headed roll-moulded door; banded at eaves level, with
clock and 2 small lights above. Some flat-roofed 6-pane
dormers; crow-stepped gables throughout; slated roofs. Small
lean-to and hoodmoulded cusped lights to each gable; 3 gables
to west elevation.
Courtyard is cobbled, and is partly enclosed to south and to
east by stugged ashlar wall; 2 square, polished ashlar
gatepiers with gabled caps with cast-iron lamp brackets, to
south. Modern extension to north not included in listing.