1545, founded by Malcolm, 3rd Lord Fleming. Altered 1870 by
David Bryce, restored 1934-5. Perpendicular. Cruciform in
plan, consisting of chancel with apsidal E-end, transepts and
nave with square tower over the crossing. Ashlar and rubble,
slate roof. In 1870, nave windows enlarged to present simple
Y-traceried design, set in rectangular recesses; porch
and chapterhouse rebuilt. Gallery added to W end in 1853.
Roundheaded door in S transept, recessed and moulded with
enriched bosses. Refurnished in 1935, when plaster removed
from internal walls. Celtic cross in porch.