Courtyard castle comprising:-
(a) tower house, late 15th century 42 6" x 30 3", 60 to
parapets: 4-storey, ashlar built, vaulted at ground 1st and
and top floors; topmost vault ribbed with 2 grotesque masks
insertion of c.1600, original stair in S W angle removed at approximately same date; cape house is a recent restoration.
(b)South range. 16th century, 3 storey rubble-built with
corbelled parapet and 2 stair towers to court. 5 vaulted
cellars and pend to garden, hall at 1st. Ruined, considerable
parts of 2nd floor walls destroyed.
(c) Entrance gateway. Late 16th century. Roll moulded semi-
circular arch, vaulted pend.
(d) East range. Rebuilt (perhaps remodelled) circa 1600. 3
storey and attic, fine ashlar to court with 2 arch loggia and
ruined corridors above. Stair tower added to original tower
house at same date.