1878 (dated). Public hall; single storey, 3-bay gabled elevation to Main Street; basement to W elevation on lower ground. Whinstone rubble, squared and snecked to N elevation. Red sandstone ashlar dressings. Bull-faced rybated margins with margin draft to doors to N elevation, raised ashlar margin to window, all chamfered. Raised ashlar margins with projecting starts and tails to W elevation. Bull-faced quoins with margin draft.
N (MAIN STREET) ELEVATION: gabled. Doorways in outer bays and windows at centre, all with segmental-arched plate glass fanlights. Barometer, by David Henry, set into wall behind glazed panel, between centre and right bays. Moulded panel, inscribed "Public Hall", above. Corbelled apron to clock tower above, inscribed "1878"; square gabled ashlar clock tower at apex; string course raised as hoodmould over circular clocks to N, W and E faces; stop-chamfered angles; slight cusping to apexes of finialled gableheads; steep pyramidal roof with slates and leaded apex. W ELEVATION: 5-bay. Regular fenestration at ground floor. Broadly gabled bay at centre, with small moulded panel in gablehead and skew continued across apex. Windows with brick margins at basement; small flat-roofed pebble-dashed additions to outer left and to left of centre. Later single storey pebble-dashed and piend-roofed addition to right, with door to left and bipartite window to right.
E ELEVATION: several windows; largerly obscured by closely situated neighbouring building, No 24 Main Street.
Fixed plate glass glazing to window to N; 4-pane glazing at ground floor to W, small-pane glazing at basement. Coped skews; simple skewblocks. Coped gablehead stacks to W and S, wallhead stack to right to E. Graded grey slates. Octagonal cans.