Home Farm comprised of components of differing dates. Single and 2-storey steading comprising extended U-plan stable and cattle courts, and L-plan mill range.
W range of stable court earlier 18th century, possibly incorporating circa 1600 parts; byres and cattle court attached at W later 19th century. S mill range later 18th century, mid 19th century linking section to mill dated 1814, mid 19th century L-lan addition to mill forming open court, enclosed later 19th century. Coursed, snecked and random ruble, some stugged; slate and bitumen tile roof, shivers at stable court.
W RANGE: E (Courtyard) elevation including original farmhouse and steading, probably converted to stable and coach house 1826. Blocked doorway with chamfered margins at far right circa 1600; door at left with fanlight, blocked window at eaves level at left; paired, depressed keystoned carriage archwaysat far left with doors; further possible blocked window at centre behind oil storage tank. W elevation mostly masked by cattle courts but with door from cut down window, further doors and blocked window outer right. Sculpted mask visible at NW corner. Blank, stone finialled S gable with coped skews, later low timber projection.
E RANGE: door with chamfered margins at left, W elevation; 12- lying-pane sash and case window at right with droved margins; 3 depressed carriage archways with doors at far right. E elevation with moulded wasllhead stack at centre, window at left, 2 windows at right. Evidence of recently rempved (1990) small central projection. S gable with pointed arched window at centre, Y-glazing pattern but astragals mostly removed; coped skews wiht finial at W range.
N RANGE: 2 doors and 3 windows to S elevation, symmetrically placed. Rear elevation blank at centre; blank finialled gable with coped skews at left; gable to original farmhouse at right wiht recent sliding door. Lying-pane glazing patterns.
W ELEVATION: byre at left with dooor at centre, rounded angle at far let; piended-roof with ventilator ridge tiles. Court at right, double-piled, with double sliding doors at centre, single at left; modern addition projecting at far right and continuing at right return elevation; piended-roofs with open slates and ventilator ridge tiles.
S ELEATION: projecting at right, large modern addition at left; M-piended roof.
N ELEVATION: door at left, diuble sliding doors at right breaking wallhead with catslide roof.
S RANGE, E ELEVATION: single storey. Door at centre with consecration type cross marking on quoin; 4-bay cartshed with cast-iron columns; double doors with barred window and further window and door; piended-roof, ventilator ridge tiles, coped dividing wall at right with ridge stack. 3 symmetrically placed windows at linking section at far right, further consecration-type cross at angle quoin in right re-entrant. 2-storey mill slightly recessed at right. Modern sliding double doors at left, blocked window above, depressed arch entrance at right with keystone inscribed '1814 PS JC', window at far right, both masked by later addition.
S RANGE, W ELEVATION: mill at centre. Projecting wheel gable (overshot wheel intact) with door at basement, fixed-pane and timber casement windows at ground and 1st floor; mill race and depressed arch on left return, large bricked aperture on right return, 2 asymmetrically placed windows to left, bay at right with arrow slit opening. Modern addition at far left; window and 3 blocked doors to single storey range at far right.
N RANGE: L-plan, N elevation masked by modern addition.
E ELEVATION: modern sliding doors at gable at right, doors breaking eaves in piended-roof granary above. Single storey, piended-roof bay at left.
S ELEVATION; door to gable at right with consecration type cross; 2 later bays at left masking E elevation of mill, depressed-arch entrance, sliding door, M-piended roof.
IMPLEMENT SHED: sited between mill block and burn; rectangular-plan, open sided rubble structure with corrugated metal roof.
GATEPIERS AND BOUNDARY WALL: 2 pyramidal capped gatepiers with margined angles; rubble boundary wall adjoining to N.
INTERIOR: stable court: herringbone patterned flagstones on floor of original farmhouse, converted to stable 1826; chimneypiece partially blocked by stone drinking trough; lath and plaster walls and ceiling remains at coach house (S) end; rough hewn collar and tie beam roof. E range: boarded dado in coach houses, fitted tack room with original range. N range; stables with timber trevises and horse-head finialled cast-iron posts (3 extant, 2 missing). Byres; some stone trevises. Mill Block; S range; chimney with sway, rough hewn collar and kingpost roof; Bamford's patent rapid grinding machine at N range.