Circa 1865-80. 2-storey symmetrical villa with early French Gothic detail, of William Leiper school. Basically square plan traversed by central lozenge with taller roof. Stugged and snecked rubble, ashlar dressings, plinth and 1st floor cill course; tall windows with plain incised roll-mouldings; plate-glass sash and case glazing; slated roofs; E-W cross-roof more steeply-pitched than shallow piended main N-S roof which has broad overhanging eaves; pair of tall coped stacks clasping central roof forward of ridge of main N-S roof.
W ELEVATION: 3-light, full-height semi-circular bowed projection at centre, with conical slated roof swept back over E-W high pitched roof to bow on E elevation. Window of flanking sections pushed out to outer angles, quirkily treated: at ground (identical N and S) squat angle shaft on chmferted plinth emerging from ground floor base course,
rising above to three-quarters of the height of opening, shaft ringed midway, and with bulbous naturalistically sculptured capital: stilted chamfered (polygonal) section above to lintel of ground floor window. Further section corbelled out to carry urns at 1st floor cill level; 3-light canted window turns 1st floor angel, centre pane recessed, mullions with tall slim colonettes; timber pendant on soffit of deeply-projecting eaves.
Timber entrance PORCH at centre on N elevation, jambs with chamfered angles, lobed to form sstylised capitals at top, segmental-arched doorcase; piended slate roof.
REAR (E) ELEVATION: variety of low, single-storey lean-to slate-roofed projections with semi-circular full-height projection at centre, mirroring that to W, with slated conical roof swept back into tall E-W roof, overhanging eaves with window band immediately below, continuously glazed with narrow timber mullion divisions; elablorate metal vent at apex, circular brought to square, with elaborately scalloped and cusped openwork valances; very tall, square-plan stacks rising from single-storey lean-tos.