R T N Speir of Culdees, 1898-1900. Symmetrical plain gothic church comprising 3-bay nave with lean-to entrance porch and vestry to S gable and W elevation respectively, apse to N end. Harl-pointed and lined granite rubble walls with stugged and droved sandstone ashlar dressings and details. Chamfered arrises and sloping cills to windows.
S (ENTRANCE) GABLE: symmetrical, single storey 3-bay lean-to entrance porch with evenly-spaced pointed-arched windows to S wall, framed by buttresses; vertically-boarded timber entrance door in E wall, stepped 3-light lancet window in principal gablehead above porch.
E ELEVATION: 3-bay nave, buttresses dividing bays with mullioned windows; 3-light to centre and left bay, and 4-light to right bay; entrance porch and apse recessed at left and right respectively.
N ELEVATION: apse advanced at centre with small, paired, pointed-arched windows flanking centre.
W ELEVATION: 3-bay nave, buttresses dividing bays with mullioned windows; 3-light to centre and right bay, lean-to vestry projecting at bay to left with 3-light mullioned window in W wall, and vertically-boarded timber door in S wall; entrance porch and apse recessed to left and right respectively.
Leaded glazing with coloured glass. Ships bell marked DILIGENT 1898 fixed to right of entrance door. Grey slate roofs with overhanging timber eaves, curved and raised at apse; timber ventilator at ridge comprising battered slate-hung plinth to timber structure with bracketted eaves to tall bell-cast pyramidal roof with cast-iron finial; principal ridge terminated by decorative cast-iron finials. Stugged and droved sandstone ashlar stack to vestry, with shouldered shaft and deep cope.
INTERIOR: vertically-boarded timber lining to entrance porch, double doors to nave, vertically-boarded timber wainscoting to nave and apse, herring-bone patterned panels to stop-chamfered doors, timber choir stalls and pews, braced kingpost open timber roof to nave bearing on decorative canted stone brackets; stone flagged sanctuary floor, folding gothic timber chair by Morris & Co, painted front to timber altar depicting the Worship of Heaven.