1788-90, with mid-19th century porch. 4 x 1-bay symmetrical hall church with bellcote to entrance gable at E. Harled walls with some droved ashlar dressings.
E (ENTRANCE) GABLE: symmetrical, gabled porch centred at ground with pointed-arched window in gable and entrance door to S; gallery window centred in gablehead above; bell contained within corniced round-headed bellcote on rectangular plinth at gablehead.
S ELEVATION: symmetrical, tall round-arched windows flanking centre, windows at ground to outer bays.
W GABLE: symmetrical; infilled round-arched door centred at ground with gallery window in gablehead above.
N ELEVATION: symmetrical, windows at ground to left and right.
Border-glazed fixed-lights with coloured and patterned glass. Purple-grey slate roof with droved ashlar skew-copes.
INTERIOR: vertically-boarded timber lining to entrance porch, vertically-boarded timber 2-leaf inner entrance doors with iron latch and 2-pane fanlight in semicircular arch-head accessing inner vestibule with vertically-boarded timber wainscoting to timber gallery stair, and 4-panel door to main hall. Grained timber fittings to hall; vertically-boarded wainscoting with stencilled frieze above, horizontally-boarded pews, timber Tuscan columns supporting raked U-plan gallery with panelled front, clock at centre by A T Anderson of Lerwick. Plaster ceiling with architraved circular ventilators. Raised pulpit platform centred on S wall, panelled timber balustrade surmounted by brass rail and urn finials; semi-octagonal panelled pulpit accessed by timber stair at right with cast-iron balusters; margined blind arch flanked by fluted pilasters to back of sounding board rising to corniced circular canopy with ogee dome surmounted by urn finial; pulpit flanked by marble memorials to Turnbull family.
KIRKYARD WALLS, WAR MEMORIAL, ENCLOSURES, GATES AND GATEPIERS: rubble boundary walls, harled and harl-pointed, with triangular rubble cope enclosing kirkyard containing variety of gravestones and memorials dating from 17th century onwards. Obelisk-like grey granite memorial to Great War adjacent to entrance gates with additional plaque to Second World War. Red sandstone gothic memorial to Reverend John Turnbull to S of church (signed W Munro on base), enclosed by stugged sandstone wall with droved ashlar copes surmounted by railing with fleur-de-lys finials. Simple classical sandstone monument to John Bruce dated 1805. To SE, ashlar sarcophagus of circa 1700 carved with 2 coats of arms and emblems of mortality. Other enclosures of circa 1900 with cast-iron railings. 2-leaf iron entrance gates with arrow finials to S wall; square cement-rendered and lined gatepiers with pyramidal caps flanked by harled quadrant walls with matching piers to left and right. Additional gate to W with 2-leaf cast-iron gates flanked by square cement-rendered piers with pyramidal caps.