Circa 1728. 2-storey and raised basement, 5-bay
farmhouse. White painted harling with painted stone
margins. Moulded eaves cornice.
W ELEVATION: corniced door to pedimented centre bay,
approached by stone steps with decorative barley sugar
wrought-iron balustrade; strip fanlight and glazed panels
inserted in door. Painted coat-of-arms above in square
panel, meeting cill of 1st floor window above. Ground
floor windows flanking in each bay, with small basement
windows (similar basement windows to E and N elevations)
immediately flanking steps and slightly larger in outer
bays; regular, 1st floor windows to each bay, smaller
than those of principal floor, and blind window off-centre
to left. Blind oculus in pediment; flanking wallhead
E ELEVATION: symmetrical; largely blank with square
piend-roofed stairwell projecting at centre.
S ELEVATION: piend-roofed, single storey projection to
right, with fanlit doorway and small window to W side.
1st floor window to right. 4-pane glazing pattern to
principal sash and case windows, and small-pane to other
windows; marginal glazing pattern to 2 stair windows.
Gable wallhead stacks with stone quoins and coping with
decorative cans retained. Grey slates; coped skews.
INTERIOR: 1-room deep. Panelled interior window shutters
and decoratively panelled doors; winding stone stair with
decorative cast-iron balustrade. Adamesque classical
timber chimneypiece. Tripartite entrance screen with
BOUNDARY WALLS: rubble boundary walls with rubble coping
to S of gateway, and as parapet with ashlar coping and
wrought-iron railings to N of gateway. Square ashlar
gatepiers; wrought-iron gates.