Probably William Burn, circa 1830. Single storey symmetrical
row of 6 cottages, some with attic, given additional
dormers by John Farquharson of Haddington, 1876. Squared
and snecked stugged red sandstone with droved ashlar
dressings. Timber mullions.
SE ELEVATION: centre block of 4 cottages, 6-bay single
storey with attics, flanked by 2-bay T-plan cottages.
Stone bracketted canopies to bipartite windows to 2 centre
and 2 outer bays of main block, with depressed arch,
voussoired recesses in intermediate bays. Gabled
dormerheads above bipartite windows; 2 flat-roofed
slate-hung dormers (1876). Single storey cottages with
advanced gabled bays nearest main block, with stone
bracketted canopy above bipartite windows and blind slit
in gablehead; single windows to recessed outer bays.
NW ELEVATION: main block with 4 rear entrances and
symmetrically placed small windows. 4 slate-hung dormer
partly glazed small square skylights. Outer cottages
END ELEVATIONS: gabled ends walls of detached cottages
with blind windows, bracketted canopies and blind slits in
4-pane and lying-pane glazing patterns to sash and case
windows. Grey slates. Ridge and gable end stacks to
main range, ridge stacks to outer cottages. Saw-tooth
coping to skews; decorative skewputts to gabled