Later to late 18th century, 2-storey, 3-bay farmhouse,
with successive later additions. Harled red sandstone
rubble with rendered ashlar dressings, droved quoins to
wings; base course. Originally incorporated in steading,
of which N and W ranges remain in part.
S ELEVATION: 3-bay grouped towards centre; strip
fanlight over panelled door. Advanced single storey
outer wings of 1 bay, circa 1900, with tall windows to S
and side elevations; formerly with piend roofs, recently
replaced by parapets and flat-roofs.
N ELEVATION: large piend-roofed stairwell added at centre
of original house with lean-to to left and further
outbuilding to outer left. Piend-roofed 2-bay 19th
century 2-storey wing later adjoined to W pavilion wing
and projecting N; secondary piend roofed stairwell to
centre of N addition to E, with lean-to outbuildings at
ground. Small-pane glazing pattern to sash and case
windows, with some plate-glass sashes. Grey slates.
Coped red sandstone gable-end stacks to original house,
presumably replacing earlier stacks, and to ridge and
wallhead of N addition.