Built 1827-8. Some alterations. 2-storey 3-bay house with
pedimented lower flanking wings: courtyard ranges to rear
(north): house heightened by 3 masonry courses probably mid
19th century, wings originally symmetrical, east wing now 2
storeys (heightened sympathetically). Painted rubble and
ashlar dressings. South elevation: central square porch;
12-pane sashes; end stacks; shallow-pitched piended roof;
advanced wings each with single window in shallow recessed
round-arched panel. Low lean-to's to rear (courtyard) link
deep stair turret with wings.
Interior: front ground floor rooms both have good
chimneypieces; that to west Doric-columned, other with Vitruvian-scrolled frieze.
2 parallel single storey courtyard blocks with doors and
square-headed cart openings, single axial stack and roof
ventilators; block to west has dovecot in south gable,
wall-head dormer to west: rubble-built wall to north.
All roofs slated.