Farmhouse by William Burn, circa 1834, steading probably by
Walter Newall, presumably near contemporary. All stugged and
squared rubble with ashlar dressings; roofs covered with
House: 2 storeys; asymmetrical, with gables and gabled 1st
floor dormerheads; low service wing to north now a garage;
west elevation: canted ground floor window in advanced inner
gable; outer bays asymmetrically recessed. Long 4-bay east
elevation arranged originally with 2 left bays recessed,
porch filling re-entrant angle; porch raised to full height
late 19th century, and both inner bays now gabled. Skews
mostly saw-toothed; coped end and axial stacks.
Steading: built around cobbled rectangular courtyard, and
arranged as 2 L-plan blocks separated by courtyard entries.
Tall east range with 3-bay stable, cartshed and barn; boarded
loft openings. Wide north range has 2 tiers glazed roof
ventilators. West range with 2 roof levels, attic bothy
reached by flight of cantilevered stone steps.